Saturday, October 9, 2010

The True Story of Ted E Bear




To mark my return to blogging I'd like to share with you The True Story of Ted E. Bear.

Everyone has done this school project at some point, whether it was called Flat Stanley, Ted E Bear, or something else. Each student gets to take the bear home for one weekend and write about all the great things he/she did with said bear. This weekend is our turn. When I looked at Ted E Bear's notebook there was an explanation of the project, a plea from the teachers to keep the bear clean and not lose all the "stuff" and also a bear cookie cutter with a recipe. Very cool...though I'm sure I'll lose some stuff and be scrambling Tuesday morning to find Ted E Bear's bear-undies or something.

Anyhow, you are supposed to write about your weekend with Ted in the notebook. I decided to read what other families had written so I would have an idea of what to write. First of all, Quin goes to a Catholic preschool so every family wrote that they took Ted to church. This presents a couple of problems. First, I can't lie and say we went to church if we didn't because Quin will totally throw me under the bus. Secondly, I can't bring both boys to church because Tristan can't sit still for 5 minutes in between Wonder Pets episodes, nevermind an hour of stuff he can't understand. So, I guess I'll be bringing Quin to church tomorrow.

I've packed lots of wholesome family activities into the weekend - baking, gymnastics, birthday party - and I just have to write a little paragraph about each one in the notebook. And while the story that I write in the notebook will be much like the others, I wish I could write what Ted E. Bear's real experience was like. Instead of "Ted E Bear and I got ready for bed and read a story" The True Story of Ted E Bear would include things like: "then I hit my brother with the foam sword and Ted E Bear and I went to time out together" and "Ted E and I spent an hour in the bathroom trying to poop while mom messed around on Facebook." That's the true tale of a Graham family weekend!

No comments: